Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day One - Taking a shower with the meteors

Well, just a short post to begin with and some reflection of the day.

Sometimes, actually pretty often, I feel annoyed with myself. I am forever thinking "I should have, could have..." but really somebody should (!!!) take those words out of the dictionary. I need to learn to strike them out of mine. So many of us forget to live for the day, for the moments, for the special people we spend a second of it with. We are always fretting, thinking, living in the future or the past when today is what counts. I know this may not be the most exciting to read but hey, why don't we wake up more mornings and thank God for the new beautiful miracle of a day He has given us. I know I sure don't - being the wonderful morning person I am. We should be shouting to the rooftops to show our gratitude for what we have and the magnificent earth we live on.

Connected to that, last night I was lucky enough to witness a few meteor showers. It felt weird and cold cold cold waking up at four in the morning to walk in the dark, a thick layer of frost crunching underfoot through the forrest and onto the Lennoxville Golf Course - strange to think my dad wakes up often near to this time. But back to the point, there we were shivering on a small blanket looking up at the big balls of gas (Thanks, Pumba) staring down at us, all most like guardians of the night. Every few minutes a flash of light as a meteor went by...and you think to yourself, wow. I'm me. I'm this tiny little speck in such a ginormous universe and I think I have problems. Problems, what are those? Let me just think for one moment how lucky I am to be here, to have this unbelievable concert of the stars unveil itself right in front of my miniscule eyes. Wow, that in itself is a miracle and the funny thing is that every day I wake up, so many miracles are about to happen.

So, that's all for today (as the clock strikes 12). Bring on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment