Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day Nine...Ida and Pingala, not just your average nostrils.

Tonight I had my weekly yoga class and I fell fast asleep at the end of it, during the relaxation and meditation...didn't hear the music she plays, nothing. Is this a sign of me getting right on into the inner depths of yoga and the mind and soul?? Or was I just plain old exhausted? Well, as much as I would like it to be the former, I am pretty sure it was the latter. Funny how tiredness catches up with us sooner or later.

I started yoga classes at Bishops at the beginning of the semester. Its always been something I have wanted to try. I usually go every Monday evening from 7:30 to 9:30 and its such a satisfying way to start the week. So, we slowly move from breathing exercises to a warm up then the specific postures of this type of yoga. One of my favourites are the salutations to the sun. But actually then again, it is hard to choose out of all of them and I guess it does and should really depend on the day and how one feels.

Well, yes some of the names of things are quite amusing and I do laugh to myself when the dear instructor recites some of her weekly paraphrases or an old man lets out a snore at the end. But, I have really enjoyed the classes and feel that, as cliche as it sounds, they have contributed to my spiritual and if not, life's journey. This is a time where I can really just focus on clearing my mind and reflect on life, where I am at and where I would like to be. I know that yoga is definitely something I would like to keep up and furthermore, I feel like maybe its time for me to embark on a bit more of a spiritual journey and maybe this class has been the first stepping stone for me...

I can't believe that Monday will be the last lesson already! I will miss Monday/Wednesday evenings at Bishops gym with Ida, Pingala and friends (Just the names of our left and right nostrils which we use for Pranayama which is a breathing exercise) but hey, maybe they'll like South Africa?

No comments:

Post a Comment