Friday, November 27, 2009

Day Eleven: Keeping up a bet?

So, lately I haven't been in the mood to write. Weird, because when I started this thing words would just come but as soon as I entered in on an evil bet, suddenly the words, they went a running...

My friend, Jono (escapee from Brisbane, Down Under) had proposed a bet. He was just so IMPRESSED by my 48 day diary, that he thought it would be COOL to copy me. So, feeling sorry for this unoriginal Ozzie (mehehehe), I lifted my copyright. But there was a need to take it a step further too. So, Jono proposed a challenge: Write every day or face frostbite. If you didn't write, the following day you would have to wear shorts and slops/flip flops/thongs irrespective of rain, shine or snow. We had searched for penalties involving buying drinks but time and money are not on our side, so this idea is a fresh new spinnnnnn on things... Let's see who can face the cold in the northern hemisphere and live to tell the tale?

So, because I'm honest and although bluffing is the name of the game (up to the other person to catch you out!), I feel we have to live up to our bet. Day Ten was an absent blank for both of us so Monday should be a day of slops and shorts...and Jono, I hear there's snow in the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment