Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day Eight: Acoustic Tuesdays are pretty wunderbar!

There's not many things better than a pint of housemade beer, silly conversation with friends and a live band playing in the background. Yes, its Acoustic Tuesday at the Lion.

The Lion is a pub on College Street in Lennoxville. It reminds me a lot of something in between the Rat and Parrot in Grahamstown, my university town in SA and Friar Tuck's (probably more so the latter on paying DJ nights). Every Tuesday they have bands, singers and musicians from university or around town coming to the stage and keeping us entertained. Its just such a great vibe as we chat, relax and some take to the dancefloor/sway from side to side in their seats.

I hadn't been to this, one of my favourite Lion nights, for some time. Last night I did my last big piece of work for the semester - a presentation for International law and so the sigh of relief that came after was, how do I put it best, WUNDERBAR! And it was even better, having that first sip of Lion Beer slide down my throat. Yip, I made it through the last ten days and now its time to catch up with life a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment